Friday, December 19, 2008

Remove Yourself

Sometimes we can get into situations that we may be able to control, and sometimes we can't control them. But what we can control is how we handle the situation and how we go about removing ourselves from it.

I know that there are times when we feel like a certain situation that we are in is good for us, even though we know it isn't. This makes removing ourselves from the problem that much harder. For example, there are people out there who get in with a certain crowd that provides a great social atmosphere, but this particular crowd isn't conducive to that person's overall well being. That's when we have to take the bold step to remove ourself from the situation.

I recently was forced to put up with something that was out of my control. I don't wanna get into details, but throughout it all, I remained calm and made the best of it. However, I did everything within my power to make sure that I could remove myself from the situation as soon as possible. Needless to say, everything worked out for the best and I couldn't be happier.

So even if its hard and even if you feel like your abandoning someone or something by doing so, if you know that the situation that you are in isn't good for you, you have got to remove yourself from it because 9 times out of 10, the grass will be greener on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment